Hey PH 👋
Mailvelope✉️🗝️ is a browser extension that lets you send and receive end-to-end encrypted emails in 3 easy steps. 1.) Download Mailvelope, Generate your Public Key & 3.) Share it.
We’ve been around for almost 9 years now and we’re finally on Product Hunt. Mailvelope has played an essential role in the Right to Privacy and has worked with many advocacy groups in doing so. We’re have recently launched and opened up Mailvelope – Business to help your team stay secure while communicating on Google Workspace 💼
– Mailvelope offers consistent end-to-end email encryption. All operations necessary for encryption and decryption are conducted on your end device. Your webmail provider will never see your messages in plain text.
– Since Mailvelope is compatible with almost all webmail providers, you don’t have to change your email address to be able to communicate easily and securely.
– Services like Nextcloud, as well as the email backends for many cloud solutions (Bitrix24, Zoho, etc.), are compatible with Mailvelope and can be activated with a simple click.
It works seamlessly with webmail clients, including:
Outlook (webmail version)
..and lots more 😊
How Mailvelope works (🤓):
– Thanks to OpenPGP standard compatible with GPG4Win, GPGTools, Enigmail for Thunderbird, Protonmail, OpenKeyChain and many more.
– For both encryption and decryption, Mailvelope does not need the help of a server. Since all encryption operations are performed on your end device, your private key never leaves your end device, as is the case with many popular PGP cloud solutions.
– Mailvelope uses a secure editor for entering and displaying your messages which are displayed in a separate browser window. Your email provider will never have access to the plain text of your messages.
If you have any questions, or suggestions on how to make Mailvelope better, please let me know in the comments!
We hope you enjoy using Mailvelope just as much as we enjoy making it! 👊
– B.K. Shoo