From Trac into Gitlab for Tor
November 20, 2020
- Gitlab will allow us to collect our different engineering tools into a single application: Git repository handling, Wiki, Issue tracking, Code reviews, and project management tooling.
- Gitlab is well-maintained, while Trac plugins are not well maintained and Trac itself hasn’t seen a release for over a year (since 2019).
- Gitlab will allow us to build a more modern approach to handling CI for our different projects. This is going to happen after the ticket and wiki migration.
- Trac wiki: https://gitlab.torproject.org/legacy/trac
- Trac issues: https://gitlab.torproject.org/legacy/trac/-/issues
Organization: host our main wiki, which links to documentation for all projects at TPO. It also hold issues that may not be related to any particular project but are organizational on TPO.
TPA: host any project related to the infrastructure administered by TPO
- Gitlab : Any issue or documentation related to running the Gitlab instance.
- Gitlab Lobby: All issues and development of the django app that is deployed on https://gitlab.onionize.space
- Team: Any issue related to administering TP infrastructure
Core: host projects that are related to mantaining little-t tor
- arti, tor specifications, shadow, trunnel, tor socks, fallback scripts, directory authorities, chutney, tor
- Team: Any issue related to processes for the core team and the wiki.
Anti-Censorship: host projects that work on circumventing censorship with Tor
- gettor, pluggable transports, rdsys, bridgedb, censorship analysis, bridgestrap, emma, state of censorship
- Team: Any issue related to processes of the team and the wiki.
Network Health: it has all the projects related to monitoring the Tor network
- doctor, exitmap, torflow, sbws, helper scripts
- Team: Issues related to network health in general but not to specific projects.
Applications: everything at Tor that is a user facing product
- tor browser projects, tor launcher, https everywhere
- Team: issues and wiki related to processes of the team that work on user facing products
Metrics: everything related to collecting, analyzing and visualizing data from the Tor network
- collector, metrics website, onionperf, weather ,utilities, analysis, exit scanner, exonerator
- Team: issues and wiki related to the team
Community: is for all the projects that help people that help Tor.
- l10n, support, outreach, training
- Team: anything about processes for the community
Web: all projects and code related to the websites that the Tor project mantains
- support portal, community, torproject.org main website, donations, styleguide
UX: all projects related to user experience in all the software we develop at the Tor project
- design, research, media
- Team: anything about the people working on UX at Tor