New Release: Tor Browser 10.5a11
February 24, 2021
Note: This is an alpha release, an experimental version for users who want to help us test new features. For everyone else, we recommend downloading the latest stable release instead.
This release updates Firefox to 78.8.0esr for desktop and Firefox for Android to 86.1.0. Additionally, we update Tor to 0.4.5.6 and OpenSSL to 1.1.1j. This release includes important security updates to Firefox for Desktop, and similar important security updates to Firefox for Android.
Note: Tor Browser 10.5 does not support CentOS 6.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 10.5a8 (Linux, MacOS), 10.5a9 (Android), and 10.5a10 (Windows) is:
- All Platforms
- Update NoScript to 11.2.2
- Update OpenSSL to 1.1.1j
- Update Tor to 0.4.5.6
- Windows + OS X + Linux
- Update Firefox to 78.8.0esr
- Bug 40029: Create survey banner on about:tor for snowflake
- OS X + Linux
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2021.1.27
- Bug 40212: Bump version of snowflake and webrtc
- Build System
- Bug 40235: Bump apt for Jessie containers